Special Recycling Events
GRINDING OF THE GREENS
Recycle your Christmas tree! Trees may be placed curbside for collection during the month of January on your regular yard waste pick up day. Please remove all lights, tinsel, etc. For more information, call 501-851-2888.
Reminder: All holiday boxes and wrapping paper (except foil-lined) can be recycled at the transfer station.
Earth Day is a worldwide celebration of the earth we live in, how we relate to it and to other creatures. The first Earth Day was held April 22, 1970 and has now grown to become one of the largest environmental events in history. It always falls on April 22nd. Other things you can do to celebrate Earth Day:
- Reduce what you use
- Conserve energy
- Buy items made from recycled materials
- Walk to work, carpool or use the bus
- Keep your vehicle well maintained
- Put litter where it belongs — not on the roadside
- Compost your food scraps and yard waste
- Conserve water
- Build a habitat for wildlife in your yard
- Use a cloth bag when you go shopping
- Don't buy disposable items
- Start a recycling program at your office or home
- Start a composting program at your school
- Begin a reuse program at your office
AMERICA RECYCLES DAY
America Recycles Day is a national celebration set each year on November 15th to remind us that recycling and buying recycled goods is of utmost importance. Many events are scheduled throughout the state and nation on this day. In addition, many prizes are awarded to those who make a commitment to recycle or buy recycled products. To show your support and pledge, please go to the America Recycles Day.